The information we collect:
The Association does not collect PII about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting PII through our website is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving the Association your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. If you choose to provide us with PII on this website, through such methods as completing a web form or sending us an email, we will use that information to help us provide you with the information or service you have requested or to respond to your message. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting our site. We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details including your name and contact details (email address and phone number).
We collect information directly from you wherever you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional. In the event that you complete a registration form on our website, you will be providing detailed information about the nature of your business such as the types of products you sell, the event space you require, and more contact information. Website usage information may be collected using “cookies”, which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use your information:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed upon with you. In addition, where necessary, your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather contact information
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorized user for security purposes
- To aid in the management and support of the specific events for which the information has been provided
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering, or other malpractice
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- For audit and record-keeping purposes
- In connection with legal proceedings
Disclosure of information:
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by federal law.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights
- For the operation of our business in our role as a service provider
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security
- Computer and network security
- Access to personal information
- Secure communications
- Security in contracting out activities or functions
- Retention and disposal of information
- Acceptable usage of personal information
- Governance and regulatory issues
- Monitoring access and usage of private information
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your Rights - Access to information:
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need proof of identity to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Correction of your information:
You have the right to ask us to update, correct, or delete your personal information. We will require proof of identity to confirm your identity before making changes to the personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
Definition of personal information:
‘‘Personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and, where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
How to contact us:
If you have any queries about this notice; need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.